It's been a while since the last release announcement. We worked hard with customization projects, but haven't forgotten about updates to the base version of LiveArt. Since 0.10.0 we are in full swing with the responsive layout, which adapts to your screen regardless of resolution, whether you are using tablet or laptop, Android, or iOS.
Major improvements addressed common comments and feedback we've been receiving from our valued customers. The graphic and product search list was improved to deliver results faster and in a predictable manner.
The graphic and product search list was improved to deliver results faster and in a predictable manner. If you have several thousands of items, it is crucial your users will access these easily without any hassle. Our product designer now features faster loading times for both product and gallery catalog.
All current raster effects were converted to vector text effects - crisp and clear! Previously we relied heavily on raster text effects, provided by a supplementary script for ImageMagick, powerful free software for image processing. Due to a number of installation issues with various platforms and output inconsistencies in different versions, we have converted all text effects to use completely vector output, allowing the best output quality and visual crispness. Additionally, the text effects now feature an icon revealing what the effect looks like, and the default text effect distortion value has been increased to make effect visible when selected.
The following additions were introduced in API.
1. config.options.showSuitableProductColorize - enable product color panel to show only those colorizable elements' list that pertains to the selected side. Setting this value to true is useful if your product contains many colorable panels across multiple printing locations (front, back, sleeve, pocket, etc).
2. GET variables configuration changes:
1. added possibility to set up default product size
2. added possibility to set up default quantities
3. added possibility to set up main config URL
To simplify the experience and address major security issues, the following features were deprecated, please make sure you check against our migration guide before upgrading:
1. Upload image by URL has been removed;
2. Raster effects were disabled by default, you can still enable them back by using older versions config and configuring ImageMagick properly.
Minor fixes include the following improvements:
- The snap guides fix was applied which prevented from objects being aligned slightly to the left.
- Fixed \<svg\> element id loosing in MS Edge browser.
We hope you enjoy the release - stay tuned for more features in the coming releases of both 0.10.X branch and the completely new one 1.0.0 featuring faster text engine!